Thanksgiving Day Run
2016 Annual Thanksgiving Day Run
For 35 years the Niles-Buchanan YMCA has hosted a Thanksgiving Day Run in the community. It has become a tradition for many people who live in or visit the Niles-Buchanan area at Thanksgiving. Last year, almost 2,000 people from 25 states and Ontario participated in the 10k Run, 5k Run/Walk, or the Kids 1 Mile Fun Run.
Proceeds from the Thanksgiving Day Run support the Annual Campaign, which supports programming at the Y and provides financial support to families through membership scholarships. The Annual Campaign supports Summer My Way, Y-Club after school programs, youth sports, community water safety programs, just to name a few.
Schedule of Events
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2016
- 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm – Pick up packets
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2016
- 6:30 am – Registration Begins
- 7:45 am – 10K run begins
- 9:15 am – 5K Run/Walk and 1 Mile Fun Run begins
5K & 10k Course Maps
- Trophies will be presented to the overall male and female winner in the 10K Run and 5K run
- Medals will be presented to the first 3 finishers in each age group in the 10k Run and 5k Run
- The 1 Mile Fun Run is non-competitive event
Looking for a volunteer opportunity? This race would not be possible without the support of hundreds of volunteers. The Niles-Buchanan YMCA is still looking for people to work various positions along the race route including human directional to encourage and direct the walkers/runners; and water/first aide station attendants. Groups and families are welcome to volunteer together Thanksgiving Day morning.
Please contact Andre Gresham at the Niles-Buchanan YMCA to inquire about volunteer opportunities at